Major Water Leak Repaired In Bridgeport
Get Breaking News First
This story was updated at 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 11
FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – A water leak that left an estimated 6,000 Bridgeport residents without water since Thursday is fixed.
Bridgeport city officials are now urging residents to conserve water, as it will take several hours to fill the water lines and towers.
Bathing and showering is fine, but residents should refrain from doing laundry or running the dishwasher.
People are also being asked to continue to boil water for drinking and cooking for safety.
The lack of water was the result of a major leak at the Bridgeport Water Plant, where a major supply line was broken.
Bridgeport is located approximately 45 miles northwest of Fort Worth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures