BRANSON, Mo. (CBSDFW.COM) – Southwest Airlines flight #4013 bound for Dallas Love Field mistakenly landed at the wrong Branson, Mo. airport Sunday night.
The flight landed at at Taney County Airport, not the Branson Airport, as scheduled, according to a Southwest Airlines spokesman.
Southwest ground crew transported the passengers, crew and their baggage to the correct airport, which is about nine miles away.
Here’s a few tweets from one passenger who experienced the incident:
Southwest airlines said there are no indications of any mechanical issues or emergencies on the plane that caused the wrong-runway landing.
The plane, still at Branson Airport after coming from Chicago, will have to take off Monday morning with minimal weight.
“We’re focused on getting our Customers taken care of tonight,” a statement from the airline company said.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures