ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington police are investigating an accident that killed a woman in the morning on Sunday near Interstate 20 and State Highway 360.
Arlington Police Department spokeswoman Tiara Ellis Richard said APD officers responded to the call of a major accident around 5:45 a.m. When they arrived, a female driver was found ejected from her vehicle.
Police said early investigation into the crash points to the woman losing control of her car, and rolling down an embankment.
As the car rolled, it was hit by another vehicle, ejecting the woman.
Emergency crews attempted to revive the ejected driver without success.
The driver of the second vehicle was not injured, and is said to be cooperating with APD about details of the crash.
The exact cause of the crash is unknown at this time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures