DENTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A class ring lost about 60 years ago by a North Texas man was recovered near a lake by a woman with a metal detector searching for valuables.
The Denton Record-Chronicle reports Janet Hall of Flower Mound has returned the ring to Charles Hopkins of Denton.
Hopkins graduated from Denton High School in 1951. He isn’t exactly sure when he lost the gold ring that carries his initials — C.E.H.
Hall, who’s in the Lone Star Treasure Hunters Club, unearthed the ring Jan. 4 along nearby Lewisville Lake. Hall and a friend who graduated from Denton High School in 1972 put details on Facebook. Several people who saw the postings contacted Hopkins.
Hall and Hopkins met Friday at a restaurant. She returned the ring.
He bought her lunch.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures