IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — Assorted Dallas Cowboys players are using the start of the offseason to “clean up’’ injury issues sustained in 2013. Included on that list: Special-teams star Dwayne Harris and starting right tackle Doug Free.
Harris underwent right shoulder surgery last week. According to multiple reports, Free had surgery on his right ankle. Neither of those players are expected to miss substantial offseason time in the weight-and-conditioning program or OTAs.
Among other Cowboys with doctors appointments: Defensive end DeMarcus Ware is considering surgery on an elbow injury. Guard Brian Waters, mulling yet another “unretirement’’ for next fall, needs biceps surgery. Pro Bowl receiver Dez Bryant has been informed by doctors that his back issues are of a greater magnitude than “spasms’’ and that he needs attention there, sources tell 105.3 The Fan.
And of course quarterback Tony Romo is now facing three-to-four months of recovery time from back surgery that ended his season entering the year’s final game.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bautista On Odor Punch: ‘He Was Looking For A Fight’
- This Week In Golf: Spieth Puts It Together To Win Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- Lundquist To Step Down From “SEC On CBS” After 2016
- When Top Prospects Get The Call, What Should Fantasy Baseball Owners Do?
- NFL Moving Pro Bowl To Orlando In 2017
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures