Aggie Women Overwhelm Georgia 58-44
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) – Courtney Walker scored 16 points to lead Texas A&M to its second straight win over a ranked team, beating No. 25 Georgia 58-44 on Sunday.
The Aggies (13-4, 3-0 SEC) took an early lead and never lost it, controlling the boards 50-35 and holding the Lady Bulldogs to 16-for-55 shooting (29 percent). Both teams shot poorly from 3-point range, with Texas A&M hitting just 1 of 10 and Georgia faring even worse, making 1 of 15.
Jordan Jones contributed 13 points for the Aggies, while Tori Scott added 11, including the team’s only 3-pointer to cap a 14-5 run early in the second half that kept the game out of reach. Achiri Ade pulled in 16 rebounds.
Georgia (12-5, 0-5) has now lost four straight.
Shacobla Barbee led the Lady Bulldogs with 16 points, the team’s only player in double figures.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures