Houston School Evacuated Due To Suspicious Device, Student In Custody
Get Breaking News First
KATY, Texas (CBSNEWS/AP) - A Houston-area school district says a student is in custody after a bomb squad was dispatched to a high school for a “potential explosive device” in a campus building.
The Katy school district announced on its website that Seven Lakes High School was safely evacuated Monday after campus police learned of a “perceived threat.” The Harris County sheriff’s office responded.
CBS Affiliate KHOU reports “a student has been taken into custody.” but would not elaborate.
Students were evacuated to an enclosed area on the baseball and football fields. They were later released for the day and after-school activities canceled.
Messages seeking further details have been left for the district’s public information office and sheriff’s department.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures