Manziel Inks Deal With Sports Agent, Business Agency
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) – Johnny Manziel confirmed Monday that he has signed with LRMR and Maverick Carter, the longtime friend and associate of LeBron James, to handle some of the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner’s off-field projects.
Manziel also said Erik Burkhardt will be his agent and Bradley Beckworth and Jeffrey Angelovich are overseeing his business-related matters.
The relationship with LRMR and Carter has been developing for some time. James said last week that he texted Manziel regularly throughout the quarterback’s final season at Texas A&M. And when Manziel was deciding who to align with, Beckworth said the model that James followed was one that was most appealing.
Beckworth said after reviewing management models, the Manziel team was “most impressed by one uniquely established for the NBA’s LeBron James.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures