Man Recalls Attack Outside Dallas Restaurant
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – He survived a brutal attack outside a popular Dallas restaurant. On Tuesday, the victim made a plea for help finding those responsible. Luis Rocha remains hospitalized at Baylor Medical Center with a skull fracture and multiple broken ribs. He agreed to speak to reporters before undergoing one of 3 upcoming facial reconstructive surgeries.
“The power of prayer is why I’m here,” says Rocha
The soon to be 70-year-old didn’t let the pain stop him from reliving the savage beating he suffered outside Campisi’s on Mockingbird on January seventh.
“The question is obvious who did this to me how could this happen? I guarantee you I wasn’t prepared for it,” says Rocha.
The former Army officer says he never got a look at who was beating him or why they didn’t take anything.
“I had my pizza they didn’t take my pizza they didn’t take my wallet,” says Rocha. “I hope I defend myself as best I could I know I raised my right arm because they shattered it.”
With the support of his wife of 35 years and children, this grandfather is out of intensive care. That’s despite being given last nights by a priest during his first night in the hospital.
“I will get through this I’m a fighter always have been,” he says.
But the victim also has surprising compassion and offered advice to whoever attacked him.
“Straighten up your life now you still have some time,” says Rocha. “I think at this time they are amoral they don’t have a conscience they couldn’t have any I hope it’s not too late to get a conscience.”
Police have little evidence left behind to help solve the crime. The Rochas say they have been regular customers at Campisi’s for 40 years and will celebrate his recovery with a meal here when he’s released from the hospital.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Crowley Man Charged With Murdering Father Of Two
- North Texas Man Sentenced To 17+ Years For Fictional Disney Scheme
- Two Suspects Wanted For Shooting During Party In Cleburne
- U.S. Olympic Committee Announces City Of Los Angeles As The Bid To Host 2024 Olympics
- Fort Worth ISD Breaks Ground On New Student Aviation Center
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures