LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Traffic was backed up in Lewisville on Tuesday morning after an 18-wheeler caught on fire. The incident started at about 6:45 a.m. when emergency crews were called to the southbound Interstate-35E service road, near Corporate Drive.
Firefighters arrived to find a big rig loaded with scrap metal burning from the cab area. Nobody was injured during the blaze. The fire was quickly extinguished and the area has since opened back up to traffic. The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Chance Marchiafava was close to the fire as it was burning, and shot video of the ordeal, including a small explosion. His full video has been posted on YouTube.
- Residents Clean Up After Night Of Storms, Power Outages
- Wylie Police Seek Man Who Saved Child From Drowning
- Bibens-Dirkx Pitches Rangers Past Yankees 8-1
- Kochs Partner With ‘Primetime’ Sanders To Fight Poverty
- Massive Landslide Buries More Than 120 People In Southwest China
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures