Texas Knocks Off West Virginia 80-69
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) – Javan Felix scored 19 points, on 8-of-13 shooting, as Texas beat West Virginia 80-69 on Monday night.
Cameron Ridley added 12 points and 12 rebounds for Texas (13-4, 2-2 Big 12). It was Ridley’s fourth double-double of the season. Isaiah Taylor and Martez Walker each tallied 10.
West Virginia (10-7, 2-2) lost for the second straight time in Big 12 play after starting its league card at 2-0. The loss for WVU marked the first time the Mountaineers had been downed by double-figures this year.
Juwan Staten, who entered the game ranked fifth in the league in scoring (17 points per game) and second in the conference in assists (6.1), finished with 23 points and five assists. He was followed by Terry Henderson’s 16 and Remi Dibo’s 10. It was Henderson’s fifth straight double-figure effort for the Mountaineers. True freshman Brandon Watkins had five blocks.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Information On Cat Burning
- Father And Son Recovering After Dune Buggy Hits Bull
- Injured Rio Vista HS Football Player Joins Team On Sideline
- 2 Found Dead In Wendy’s Parking Lot
- 94-Year-Old Shows Adrenaline Knows No Age Limit
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures