Exclusive “The Monuments Men” Fort Worth Screening
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – The movie based on the true story of the greatest treasure hunt in history, “The Monuments Men”, opens in theaters nationwide on February 7, but the Kimbell Art Museum is hosting an exclusive screening at the Renzo Piano Pavilion this weekend.
Eric Lee, Director of the Kimbell Art Museum shared with CBS 11 what it means to them. “It’s such an honor for the Kimbell to have this screening. It’s the first screening of this significant Hollywood film,” he said.
While there are huge celebrities like George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Jean DuJardin, and Cate Blanchett, the real celebrity is the man behind the story, Robert Edsel who wrote “The Monuments Men” in 2011.
“This whole story of art during World War II is really one of the great stories of the 20th Century and I’m so happy that this film is going to shed light on this story,” Lee explained.
The Kimbell has an important connection to this story and to Edsel, Lee told us. “Robert is a close friend of the Kimbell’s and we have great admiration for the work he’s done in promoting the Monuments Men.”
Tickets are available to Museum members for screenings at 1 p.m. for $50 and at 5 p.m. for $150 on Sunday, January 19. Call 817-288-3224 to purchase tickets. Robert Edsel will make comments during the 5 p.m. screening and a light cocktail reception will follow.
Proceeds from the screening benefit the Monuments Men Foundation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Granada Theatre Opens For Rangers Watching Party
- Three Dallas Gay Bars Get Doors Smashed Overnight
- Keidel: Staying On Top In The NFL
- 5 NFL Games You Can’t Miss This Weekend (Week 5)
- SMU Appealing Several Sanctions
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures