DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Markus Kennedy scored a game-high 18 points to lead SMU to a 71-54 victory over South Florida on Wednesday night.
Shawn Williams added 16 points for SMU (12-4, 2-2 American Athletic Conference).
Zach LeDay led South Florida (10-7, 1-3), with 12 points off the bench.
The Mustangs never trailed, scoring the first 13 points and owned a double-digit lead from four minutes after tipoff for the rest of the game. Their largest lead was 26 late in the second half.
USF played its seventh consecutive game without junior point guard Anthony Collins, a three-year starter sidelined with knee problems.
Kennedy, a 6-foot-9 sophomore transfer who played previously for Villanova, made his second consecutive start since SMU’s starting center, 6-11 junior Yanick Moreira, injured his right knee in practice last Thursday.
Kennedy is SMU’s second-leading scorer this season despite coming off the bench for the first 14 games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bat-Killing Fungus Found In Texas
- Garland Police Looking For Man Who Robbed, Raped Subway Workers
- UNT Student Shares Story Of Survival After 5 Days In Grand Canyon
- Speaker Straus: ‘No I Won’t’ Block Texas Bathroom Bill
- Mistaken Identity Leaves Allen Barber Explaining He’s Not A Shooting Suspect
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures