LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) – Backup quarterback Michael Brewer is transferring from Texas Tech.
The school announced Wednesday that Brewer, who would’ve been a redshirt junior next season, was departing with two years of eligibility remaining.
He’s the third Red Raiders quarterback to leave the program within the past month.
Brewer will graduate from Texas Tech in May. He was the presumptive starter going into last season but reinjured his back. He played in four games, completing 7 of 10 passes for 65 yards and a touchdown.
Baker Mayfield, a walk-on freshman who started seven games, is attending Oklahoma. He has said he wants to walk on with the Sooners, though Texas Tech denied him permission to contact other Big 12 programs. Clayton Nicholas transferred to Bowling Green.
Freshman Davis Webb, who shared starts with Mayfield, is still at Texas Tech.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Consumer Justice: More Fans Claim Cowboys Ticket Ripoff
- Holiday Lights Display In Grand Prairie Rain Delayed
- Mix-Up Sends North Texas Pet To Hawaii, Instead of Mississippi
- Grandmother’s Body Located In Car Swept Away By Flood Waters
- Roofers Respond To Massive Demand After Rainy Holiday
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures