Neal Cotts, Rangers Reach 1-Year, $2.2M Deal
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Left-hander Neal Cotts and the Texas Rangers have reached a one-year deal worth $2.2 million.
The 33-year-old Cotts had been eligible for salary arbitration before Wednesday’s agreement.
Cotts was 8-3 with a 1.11 ERA in 58 games last season. He struck out 65 in 57 innings.
Cotts began the season at Triple-A before being promoted on May 21 for his first big league action since 2009. He was out in 2010 and 2011 because of injuries.
He is 18-15 with a 3.99 ERA in 342 games with the Chicago White Sox, Cubs and Rangers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures