DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An argument over roof shingles Tuesday night ended with murder, according to Dallas police.
DPD officers were called to the home of Ociel Garcia, 38, located in the 1200 block of S. Gilpin Avenue shortly after 6 p.m. When they arrived, they found the body of another man, Trinidad Salazar with one gunshot wound.
Garcia and Salazar had previously argued over the sale of some roof shingles, according to Salazar’s wife. She told police that her husband went to Garcia’s house to either take back the shingles or get more money for them. When he arrived Garcia told him to take the shingles back, but as Salazar loaded the shingles onto his truck, the two men started arguing again. Police say that’s when Garcia pulled out a .40 caliber Glock pistol and fired a warning shot into the ground. Garcia told police he fired the second, fatal shot when Salazar lunged toward him. Garcia also admitted to police that Salazar did not have a weapon at the time of the shooting. Garcia’s wife was home at the time and witnessed the shooting. She dialed 911 to call for help.
Garcia has been arrested and booked for murder. He is being held on $500,000 bond.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Matthew McConaughey Fears ‘March For Our Lives’ Will Get “Hijacked”
- Dangerous Dog Task Force Meeting Canceled Despite Recent Dallas Attack
- Police and Semi Trucks Prevent Suicide Attempt on Detroit Freeway
- Iconic Dallas Hot Dog, Custard Shop ‘Wild About Harry’s’ Shutting Down
- FWPD Release Video Of “Person Of Interest” In Teen Bus Stop Attack
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures