Baylor In Dallas Ready For Influx Of Flu Patients
Dallas (CBS 11) – Baylor hospital is announcing it’s now operating on what they call a “code yellow” status as a result of the high influx of flu patients in the North Texas area.
The change in status means they will be better prepared to handle an over flow of patients, and a depleting supply of resources should the number of flu patients rise beyond what they are anticipating.
According to Baylor officials it is a pro-active effort that will allow them to solicit help outside the Baylor Hospital system much easier and quicker should they become overwhelmed.
On Thursday JPS Hospital in Fort Worth also activated a code yellow status, but unlike Baylor they did it as a reactionary effort after being swamped with flu patients in their emergency room.
Baylor hospital officials say they have not canceled any scheduled surgeries as a result of their “code yellow” activation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Video Prompts Suspension Of Two College Police Officers
- Arlington Teen Injured In Hit-And-Run Accident
- Injured Vietnam Vet Still Fighting To Get Purple Heart
- Texas Health Commissioner Still On Job After Scathing Report
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures