FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The judge in the case of a hospital’s refusal to remove a brain-dead, pregnant woman from life support has recused herself from the lawsuit.
State District Judge Melody Wilkinson recused herself Thursday from the lawsuit over the status of Marlise Munoz. Wilkinson offered no explanation and a message left at her home Thursday evening wasn’t returned.
Erick Munoz sued John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth on Tuesday, seeking his wife’s removal from life support. He says his pregnant wife lost consciousness in November, and his attorneys said Thursday that Marlise Munoz’s medical records confirm she’s brain-dead. Both Munozes are paramedics who have chosen not to have life support in this situation.
Hospital officials contend Texas law prohibits them from removing life support because the woman is pregnant.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Attorney Brian Loncar, ‘The Strong Arm,’ Found Dead
- Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Washington In The College Football Playoff
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures