DENTON (AP) – A flight instructor and a student pilot have escaped injury in the belly landing of their small plane at a North Texas airport.
The incident happened Wednesday night at Denton Enterprise Airport. Airport officials say one of the men on board had radioed to say part of the landing gear on the Cessna 182 would not lock. Emergency responders were on hand during the landing.
Airport operations manager Patrick Carreno said Thursday that the plane was safely removed and the airport’s lone runway reopened about an hour after the incident.
Officials with U.S. Aviation Academy did not immediately return a message Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Portrait Photographer’s Tribute To WWII Veterans
- Multi-Vehicle Wreck In Arlington Causes One Rollover
- Darvish, Rangers Top Pirates 5-2
- Shooting At Dallas Club Leaves One Dead
- Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla To Protect Child In Enclosure
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures