Smart Leads OSU Past TCU 82-50
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Marcus Smart scored 20 points to help No. 9 Oklahoma State defeat TCU 82-50 on Wednesday night.
Smart, the reigning Big 12 player of the week, also had eight rebounds and five assists for the Cowboys (15-2, 3-1 Big 12).
Markel Brown scored 14 points and Le’Bryan Nash added 13 points and eight rebounds for Oklahoma State, which needed to win to stay within range of Big 12 leader Kansas. The 15th-ranked Jayhawks (4-0 Big 12) host the Cowboys on Saturday.
Oklahoma State shot 47 percent from the field to win for the eighth time in nine games and improve to 9-0 at home.
Karviar Shepherd scored 13 points and Amric Fields and Michael Williams each added 11 for the Horned Frogs (9-7, 0-4) in their most lopsided loss of the season.
The Horned Frogs were blown out for the second straight game —- they lost 88-62 at Baylor Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 30 Players: Semien Looks To Break Out With A’s
- Dallas DA Speaks At SMU, Briefly Addresses Difficult Week
- Texas Has Its Own Religious Freedom Law
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- Fort Worth Family Says Someone Shot Dog In Their Backyard
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures