Cowboys Lose TE Coach Wes Phillips To Redskins
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The Redskins have hired Cowboys tight ends coach Wes Phillips to fill the same role in Washington, yet another lower-level change in the Dallas staff.
Phillips – the son of Wade Phillips and the grandson of the late Bum Phillips – will supplant Sean McVay, who has been elevated to offensive coordinator under new Washington coach Jay Gruden.
Phillips’s contract with the Cowboys was expiring, as was the case with kicking coach Chris Boniol, who has parted ways with the club. Lovie Smith’s son Mikal was a Dallas secondary assistant who is joining his dad in Tampa, as is Dallas offensive aide Dave Borgonzi.
Signs continue to point to the Cowboys coordinators (Bill Callahan on offense, Monte Kiffin on defense and Rich Bisaccia on special teams) retaining their jobs though Biasaccia is reportedly on the Browns’ head-coaching interview list
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
- Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Carrying 239 People
- Police: Husband Suspected Of Killing Wife
- Lake Highland Rape Victims Bravely Face Attacker In Court
- One Of Last Plano Farms Up For Sale
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures