DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police are investigating another alleged beating of a defenseless person in a restaurant parking lot.
According to Dallas Police, a 9-1-1 call came from the Denny’s restaurant at Central Expressway and Henderson Ave early Friday morning reporting an elderly man laying in the parking lot.
When police arrived they found 74-year-old male on the ground with lacerations and bruises on his arms and face.
The man told officers he was walking into the Denny’s restaurant around 2:00 am when he was attacked by unknown assailants.
Dallas Fire Rescue came to check out the man, but he refused to be taken to the hospital.
At a press conference Friday afternoon, Dallas Police would not say that this case is linked to the beating of a 69-year-old man outside Campisi’s Restaurant on Mockingbird last weekend, but are suspicious.
DPD is saying there are not many leads in these offenses and they are asking for help with information.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Army Beats Navy 21-17 To End 14-Year Losing Streak In Series
- Red-Suited SantaCon Pub Crawl Revelers Fan Out Across NYC
- Trump Expected To Tap Exxon’s Tillerson As Secretary Of State
- Dallas Police Searching For Suspects In Robbery Spree
- Trump Weighs In On ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Involvement
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures