FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – An abandoned church was destroyed after a late-night fire Thursday in East Fort Worth.
Heavy smoke then flames ripped through the former building for Unity Missionary Baptist Church as firefighters arrived around 10:45 p.m. The church building is located in the 5400 block of Elgin Street.
As parts of the aging building began to sag and collapse, firefighters quickly moved to fight the flames defensively.
There were no reports of injuries and a fire investigator was on scene early Friday to try to determine what sparked the blaze.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Reaction To Benn’s Contract Extension
- Everybody Love Everybody Movement Born Here
- Southwest Airlines Still Dealing With Delays After Outage
- Domestic Violence Survivor Gives Hope, One Basket At A Time
- Clinton Taps Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine For VP
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures