FOREST HILL (CBSDFW.COM) – Two grandsons have been credited with saving their grandfather’s life Friday from the family’s burning home in Forest Hill. The flames were first reported at around 8:00 a.m. in the 6000 block of Melinda Drive.
The family woke up to flames, and Jonathan Howard knew that his 69-year-old grandfather was trapped inside of a bedroom. He also knew that oxygen tanks were inside of that room. So, the grandson broke a window and then used a neighbor’s garden hose to put out the fire and save his grandfather, Henry Douglas.
“My grandfather was burned up. He was burning from head to toe. His bed was on fire,” Howard said. “I kind of like panicked. I didn’t know what to do. I just know I wanted him out of there, so I just grabbed him.”
Douglas was transported by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital in Dallas with first and second degree burns. Fire officials have yet to release any further details about what happened in this incident.
- Top 5 Thanksgiving Games Of All-Time
- 7 Sports Personalities You Shouldn’t Invite To Thanksgiving
- Meals On Wheels Prepares Thanksgiving Deliveries
- Ugly Sweater Shop Revels In Holiday Limelight
- Refugees Celebrate Thanksgiving Together In Dallas
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures