Man Burned After Wheelchair Gets Stuck
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man from East Texas is now in critical condition at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Bobby Prescott’s motorized wheelchair became stuck in some sand on Tuesday, on top of a pile of trash that he was burning.
Prescott’s girlfriend, Pamela White, heard his screaming and pulled him to safety. The 68-year-old man uses a wheelchair because he lost both of his legs to diabetes. He now has burns to 30 percent of his body.
White also suffered burns to her hands in the fire.
The couple’s friends have set up a fund to help raise money to buy Prescott a new wheelchair. Click here if you would like to donate to that fund.
- Arlington Firefighter Returns From Deployment
- Rams On High Alert For Cowboys’ Murray
- Texas Sheriff’s Deputy Missing, Patrol Car Submerged In Floodwaters
- Texas Tech Defensive Coach Wallerstedt Resigns
- Home Depot Says Data Breach Affected 56 Million Cards
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures