ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Rangers have agreed with pitchers Neftali Feliz and Alexi Ogando on one year contracts according to a team spokesperson.
Both Feliz and Ogando had been eligible for arbitration. With their agreements, infielder/DH Mitch Moreland is the only remaining Ranger eligible for salary arbitration.
Feliz is reported to be getting $3 million for one year, and Ogando $2.625 million for one year from Rangers.
According to Rangers, Feliz made 6 appearances for the team last season, throwing 4.2 scoreless innings after returning from Tommy John ligament replacement surgery on August 1, 2012. He also made 10 appearances for Toros del Este in the Dominican Winter League, going 1-1 with a 2.79 ERA (3 ER/9.2 IP), 2 walks, and 11 strikeouts.
Ogando had a 7-4 record and 3.11 ERA (36 ER/104.1 IP) over 23 games/18 starts with the Rangers in 2013, when he missed time with three stints on the disabled list. He compiled the 2nd-lowest ERA and opponents batting average (.231) among all Rangers pitchers with at least 80.0 innings last season.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- More Than 220,000 Pounds Of Spam Recalled Over Oral Injuries
- Hammel Outpitches Hamels As Royals Beat Rangers 5-3
- Authorities: Flash Flood Surges Through Maryland Community
- Justin Rose Gets 3-Stroke Victory At Fort Worth Invitational
- 6-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Apartment Pool In Fort Worth
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures