UNT Shoots Past Marshall 80-65
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) – Jordan Williams and Colin Voss combined for 36 points to lead crisp-shooting North Texas to an 80-65 win over Marshall for its first Conference USA win of the season Thursday night.
Williams scored 20 points on 5-for-13 shooting and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Mean Green (10-7, 1-2 Conference USA). Voss shot 7-for-9 and scored 16 points while pulling down nine boards.
North Texas shot 50 percent from the field (28 of 56), and was 23 of 36 from the free throw line.
Kareem Canty scored 26 points and Ryan Taylor added another 22 to lead Marshall (6-12, 0-3). The pair each scored four points in the final minutes of the first half to send the Thundering Herd into the locker room trailing by 12 points.
North Texas converted 5 of 6 from the free throw line in the final 1:10 to forge the final margin.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 4th Of July Weekend Sports TV Guide
- Dallas To Spray For West Nile After Second Trap Tests Positive
- September Arguments Set For Texas School Finance Case
- Texas Motor Speedway Asking Race Fans To Ditch The Confederate Flag
- Six-Year-Old Dies 2 Days After Being Pulled From Fort Worth Pool
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures