Dallas Holds 32nd Annual MLK Jr. Parade
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The city of Dallas held it’s 32nd annual Martin Luther King, Jr. parade and march Saturday morning.
The parade drew hundreds of spectators and participants, beginning at City Hall Plaza and ending at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
This year’s parade featured a number of elected officials, including Dallas mayor Mike Rawlings and Senators Royce West and Wendy Davis.
This picture was tweeted by Wendy Davis:
Also present were Dallas City Council members Carolyn Davis, Vonciel Hill, Tennell Atkins and Dwaine Caraway.
State Representative Eric Johnson and Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson walked in the parade.
Other participants included bands, floats, community/civic groups and churches.
The celebration commemorated the 50th annual March on Washington.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures