Fort Worth Police: Double Shooting Possible Murder-Suicide Attempt
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A double shooting Friday night at the Sycamore Pointe Apartments that left one person dead and one injured is a possible murder-suicide attempt, according to Fort Worth police.
At 11:15 p.m., officers arrived at the 2200 block of Shane Ave. in south Fort Worth, where they found a black male and Hispanic female with gunshot wounds.
Corporal Tracey Knight, spokeswoman for FWPD, said the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man was transported to a nearby hospital and is in stable condition.
The original 9-1-1 call led officers to believe this was a murder-suicide attempt, but the investigation is ongoing.
The man and woman have a child together, according to Knight.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures