FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – If you watched the Fort Worth Stock Show parade Saturday morning, you might have noticed something unique about the event: no motor vehicles.
The celebration of the Stock Show and the city’s history drew large crowds to downtown Fort Worth.
According to the Fort Worth Stock Show Rodeo, thousands of people lined the streets of Main Street and Houston to watch the event.
The “All Western” parade began at 11 a.m. in Sundance Square Plaza, and featured carriages, horses and livestock. But o motor vehicles were allowed to keep history alive.
The Stock Show began Jan. 17 and will run through Feb. 8.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures