Man Arrested After Denton County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Struck By Vehicle
Get Breaking News First
This story was updated at 3:55 p.m. on Jan. 19
KRUM (CBSDFW.COM) - An Ill. man was arrested after a Denton County Sheriff’s Office deputy was struck by a vehicle Saturday night.
The deputy was directing traffic around 6 p.m. at an event in Krum when the incident happened.
The female deputy’s injuries were severe enough that she was air-lifted to a Fort Worth hospital.
A spokesperson for the DCSO said the driver of the vehicle, Jaime Fabela of Seneca, Ill. was arrested for DWI and intoxication assault.
The deputy was in stable condition Sunday morning, but her name has not been released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Identify At Large Murder Suspect
- Collin County Commissioner Warns of “Illegal Immigrant Tsunami”
- Police Searching For Graffiti Suspect That Tagged Church, School
- Mack Brown To Serve As ABC Studio Analyst
- Cowboys Make Roster Moves On First Day Of Training Camp
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures