Cowboys TE Jason Witten Replacing Julius Thomas At Pro Bowl
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten will be heading to Hawaii for his ninth Pro Bowl appearance.
Witten was added to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for Denver Broncos TE Julius Thomas – who is now headed to the Super Bowl in New York.
Witten joins three other Cowboys making the trip to Hawaii including Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith and Jason Hatcher.
According to the Cowboys, Witten’s ninth Pro Bowl appearance ties him with Randy White for the fourth-most in team history, behind only Bob Lilly, Larry Allen and Mel Renfro.
Witten made the Pro Bowl every year from 2004-2010 and made the Pro Bowl after the 2012 season, in which he recorded a career-high 110 catches. All the other three Cowboys will be going to the Pro Bowl for the first time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Denton Police Debut Craigslist Safe Meeting Place
- Former Fort Worth Mortuary Owner In Court
- It’s Not Too Early To Head Off Migratory Birds
- DFW Restaurant Week Announces 2015 Dates
- Constable: No Evidence Of Dogs Shot By Firefighter Attacking Livestock
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures