MLK Day Of Service
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Online registration for the MLK Day of Service is now closed. You may still register as a walk-in on Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. at Baker Chapel AME Church, located at 1050 Humbolt Street in Fort Worth.
Monday, January 20, 2014
8:00 a.m. – Day Begins With Sign-In At Baker Chapel AME Church, 1050 Humbolt Street, Fort Worth
1:00 p.m. – Day Ends With A No-Cost Lunch At Broadway Baptist Church, 305 West Broadway Avenue, Fort Worth
In Fort Worth, parade participants will begin gathering for registration at 9:45 a.m. on Monday. The parade kicks off at 11:00 a.m. from 9th Street and Commerce Street. The parade will include marchers, car clubs, elected officials, high school bands and alumni from graduating classes of I.M. Terrell High School.
In Dallas, the 28th annual Elite News MLK Parade & Festival will be held on the official holiday. The parade begins at 10:00 a.m. on Monday at the corner of MLK Boulevard and Lamar Street. The festival is from noon to 6:00 p.m. in Fair Park’s Tower Building.
And in Frisco, a special exhibit is on display for children at the Frisco Public Library. The interactive exhibit highlights Dr. King’s life and the civil rights struggle. And in Irving, the city is holding its annual observance Monday night in the Carpenter Performance Hall at the Irving Arts Center. Admission to the event is free and open to the public.
- Music Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Schools & Border Big In Texas House Budget
- 2 Girls Killed In Separate Dallas Crashes
- IBM Invests $3 Billion In ‘Internet Of Things’
- Big Rigs Often Go Faster Than Tires Can Handle
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures