DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Online registration for the MLK Day of Service is now closed. You may still register as a walk-in on Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. at Baker Chapel AME Church, located at 1050 Humbolt Street in Fort Worth.
Monday, January 20, 2014
8:00 a.m. – Day Begins With Sign-In At Baker Chapel AME Church, 1050 Humbolt Street, Fort Worth
1:00 p.m. – Day Ends With A No-Cost Lunch At Broadway Baptist Church, 305 West Broadway Avenue, Fort Worth
In Fort Worth, parade participants will begin gathering for registration at 9:45 a.m. on Monday. The parade kicks off at 11:00 a.m. from 9th Street and Commerce Street. The parade will include marchers, car clubs, elected officials, high school bands and alumni from graduating classes of I.M. Terrell High School.
In Dallas, the 28th annual Elite News MLK Parade & Festival will be held on the official holiday. The parade begins at 10:00 a.m. on Monday at the corner of MLK Boulevard and Lamar Street. The festival is from noon to 6:00 p.m. in Fair Park’s Tower Building.
And in Frisco, a special exhibit is on display for children at the Frisco Public Library. The interactive exhibit highlights Dr. King’s life and the civil rights struggle. And in Irving, the city is holding its annual observance Monday night in the Carpenter Performance Hall at the Irving Arts Center. Admission to the event is free and open to the public.
- GM, Fiat Chrysler Sales Up In November, But Ford Was Flat
- Texas Trooper Accused Of Propositioning Woman Driver For Sex
- Jerry Jones Says Tony Romo Has “4-5 Years” Left In NFL Career
- Police Say Man Tried To Electrocute Father, On Thanksgiving, Over Will
- Packers And Lions Prepare For Big Thursday Night NFC North Battle
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures