PD Working To Identify Woman Found Dead On Side Of Highway
LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Lewisville are investigating a suspicious death. Officers were called after a driver spotted a dead body near Highway 121 and Edmonds Lane.
The motorist said there was “something unusual” on the side of the road and went to check it out.
“We got dispatched down here to about the 3000 block of South State Highway 121 Business regarding a deceased person,” explained Lewisville police Captain Jay Powell.
The discovery of the unidentified female body now has Lewisville police detectives working hard.
It was around 7:30 a.m. when the woman’s body was found. Part of 121 was closed for a period of time while the scene was thoroughly looked over.
At this point police know little about the woman. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to try and determine the identity of the woman and she died.
Some of the questions police are looking to answer –
Was the woman’s body dumped from a vehicle?
Did she die while walking in the area?
Was the victim struck and killed by a hit and run driver?
Anyone with information about the woman is asked to contact Lewisville police at 972-219-TIPS (8477) or Denton County Crime Stoppers at 800-388-TIPS (8477).
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- CBS 11 Storm Team Named Most Accurate Forecast In Texas
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Super Bowl Ticket Trial Begins In Dallas
- Judge Refuses To Dismiss Deion Sanders Defamation Trial
- Texas Republicans Want Medicaid Flexibility, Not Expansion
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures