COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Courtney Walker scored 16 points and Courtney Williams added 15 more as No. 25 Texas A&M coasted to a 73-35 blowout win over Mississippi State on Sunday to remain unbeaten in the Southeastern Conference.
Achiri Ade contributed 14 points and nine rebounds for Texas A&M (15-4, 5-0), which shot 53 percent from the field, blocked 13 shots and enjoyed a 51-29 rebounding advantage. It was the fourth consecutive game that the Aggies have held their opponent to 20 points or less in the first half and extended their win streak to eight.
Mississippi State (14-5, 1-4) scored the opening bucket but trailed the rest of the game, hitting just 12 of 59 (20 percent) from the field, with just two field goals in the final 12 minutes of the game.
Katia May led the Bulldogs with eight points and four assists, while Martha Alwal contributed six points and four rebounds.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Comedian, Civil Rights Activist Dick Gregory Dies At 84
- Cowboys Top Colts 24-19 In Third Preseason Game
- Derek Holland Thanks Rangers Fans On Pitcher’s Mound
- Tensions Rise During Rally Against White Supremacy In Dallas
- Jaylon Smith Makes First NFL Tackle
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures