COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Courtney Walker scored 16 points and Courtney Williams added 15 more as No. 25 Texas A&M coasted to a 73-35 blowout win over Mississippi State on Sunday to remain unbeaten in the Southeastern Conference.
Achiri Ade contributed 14 points and nine rebounds for Texas A&M (15-4, 5-0), which shot 53 percent from the field, blocked 13 shots and enjoyed a 51-29 rebounding advantage. It was the fourth consecutive game that the Aggies have held their opponent to 20 points or less in the first half and extended their win streak to eight.
Mississippi State (14-5, 1-4) scored the opening bucket but trailed the rest of the game, hitting just 12 of 59 (20 percent) from the field, with just two field goals in the final 12 minutes of the game.
Katia May led the Bulldogs with eight points and four assists, while Martha Alwal contributed six points and four rebounds.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Strangers Buy Car For Hard-Working Man In Rockwall
- Inspection Company To Review Entire Fleet Of Keller ISD Buses
- Road Rage Shootings Piling Up Lately
- City Of Dallas Ready To Build Second Deck Park
- Sculptor To Memorialize Slain Officers In Bronze
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures