LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Lewisville are investigating the case of a woman found dead along the side of the road on Monday morning. Her body was discovered at about 7:30 a.m. along Highway 121 Business, not far from Edmonds Lane.
A passing motorist saw the body and called police to the scene.
The name of the deceased woman has not yet been released. Officials also did not say how she may have died, other than to note that it did not appear as though she died of natural causes.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will pick up the body later on Monday and release the woman’s name and cause of death.
- Tropical Storm Daniel Weakens Off Mexico Coast
- Galveston Officer Fatally Shoots Man During Traffic Stop
- Barber Cuts World Cup Soccer Players On Fan’s Heads
- Lincoln Foundation’s Marilyn Monroe Little Black Dress Dress Sells For $50K
- Texas Death Row Inmate Rodney Reed Loses At Supreme Court
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures