Cowboys RB Murray Tapped As Replacement For Pro Bowl
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray joins teammates Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith, Jason Hatcher and Jason Witten as Pro Bowl selections after being named as an injury replacement for San Francisco 49er’s RB Frank Gore.
Murray became the first Cowboys running back to rush for 1,000 yards since Julius Jones in 2006 with 1,121 yards and nine touchdowns.
Murray also caught 53 passes for 350 yards and a score and is the first Cowboys running back selected to the Pro Bowl since Marion Barber in 2007 and just the second since Emmitt Smith’s final trip to Hawaii in 1999.
The first-ever Pro Bowl draft airs at 7:00 pm Wednesday on the NFL Network as alumni captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will pick the teams.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- Cruise Ship Docks With Ebola-Watched Health Worker
- Cowboys Fans Provide True Homefield Advantage
- Cowboys ‘FishTips’ Lead To Pounding Of Giants
- Texas GOP Closing In On Another Election Day Sweep
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures