Cowboys RB Murray Tapped As Replacement For Pro Bowl
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray joins teammates Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith, Jason Hatcher and Jason Witten as Pro Bowl selections after being named as an injury replacement for San Francisco 49er’s RB Frank Gore.
Murray became the first Cowboys running back to rush for 1,000 yards since Julius Jones in 2006 with 1,121 yards and nine touchdowns.
Murray also caught 53 passes for 350 yards and a score and is the first Cowboys running back selected to the Pro Bowl since Marion Barber in 2007 and just the second since Emmitt Smith’s final trip to Hawaii in 1999.
The first-ever Pro Bowl draft airs at 7:00 pm Wednesday on the NFL Network as alumni captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will pick the teams.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Nelson Delayed After Heavy Rain On Saturated TPC Course
- FIFA President Blatter Asks To Be Re-Elected Despite Crisis
- Rodriguez Pitches Red Sox Past Rangers 5-1
- Legislature To Reimburse Erath County For ‘American Sniper’ Trial
- Apple Buys Maker Of Futuristic Augmented-Reality Software
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures