Dallas Opera To Premiere Talbot’s ‘Everest’
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Dallas Opera will present the world premiere of Joby Talbot’s “Everest” on Jan. 30 next year.
Talbot’s first opera is about a 1996 Mount Everest expedition with a tragic ending. It has a libretto by Gene Scheer and stars tenor Andrew Bidlack, mezzo-soprano Sasha Cooke, bass Kevin Burdette and baritone Craig Verm. Nicole Paiement conducts the Leonard Foglia production, which will be part of a double bill with the final act of Catalani’s “La Wally.”
The company announced Tuesday there will be four performances through Feb. 7, 2015.
Dallas Opera’s season opens Oct. 24 with Mozart’s “Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro)” and also includes Strauss’ “Salome,” with soprano Deborah Voigt in her company debut; Puccini’s “La Boheme” and Tchaikovsky’s “Iolanta.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woodson Talks About Cowboys Induction
- Pierce Brosnan Stopped At Airport With Knife
- Clinton Slams Bush During Campaign Stop
- Cowboys Aim For Playoffs After Past Failures
- Wisconsin Child Murder Suspect Caught In DFW
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’