Dallas Preteen In Online Dance Contest
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Reality TV shows and viral videos have made it easy to learn some smooth dance moves. But a Dallas preteen learned to dance by mixing traditional ballet skills with modern dubstep. Now, he is hoping to win an online dance battle that could make the 11-year-old North Texas resident famous.
K.J. Takahashi has entered the Dance Among Dragons urban street dance contest. The winner gets to meet Marquese Scott, an icon in the viral video dance world. One of Scott’s online dance videos has been seen over 99 million times on YouTube. Takahashi said that it would be a dream to meet this hip-hop hero.
But the pint-sized Dallas boy cannot win without your help. Click here to vote for Takahashi to win the online dance contest.
And check out what happened after the newscast was over. The show went off the air, but the music kept playing, and cameras caught CBS 11 News meteorologist Scott Padgett putting his own sweet dance moves on display. See Scott break it down in the video below.
- Joseph Hutcheson’s Death Being Ruled A Homicide
- Dallas Police Concerned For Safety After Harris Co. Deputy Shooting
- Deflategate Talks End With No Deal; Judge To Rule This Week
- Obama Renames America’s Tallest Peak
- Hulk Hogan Apologizes For Racist Remarks
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures