DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were found dead after a shooting Monday night in Southeast Oak Cliff.
Dallas Police were called to the Estell Village apartment complex in 9500 block of Highland Hills Drive around 9:15 p.m.
When they arrived they found a man and woman deceased.
After a CBS 11 photographer arrived on scene, a small child was brought out from the apartment but police did not immediately confirm the child was inside at the time of the shootings.
Homicide detectives were called to the scene along with crime scene investigators and the Dallas County Medical Examiner.
The victims have been identified as Dwight Dellkirvin Ray, 37, and Chaunthina Dione Mills, 28.
A public records search shows Mr. Ray had a prior criminal history, including arrests for assault causing bodily injury and violating a protective order.
Police have not detailed a possible motive for the killings.
A police report said the victims both suffered gunshot wounds to the upper parts of their bodies. One victim was found in the living room, the other outside the door in a breezeway.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Army Vet Shot To Death, Older Brother In Custody
- Prosecutor: Irvin Won’t Be Charged With Sexual Assault In Florida
- Texas Sales Tax Holiday Weekend August 11-13
- Official Hotel Of The Dallas Cowboys Opens
- 2017 Conference USA Football Preview: East Division
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures