Richland Hills ATM Robber Strikes Twice In Eight Days
RICHLAND HILLS (CBSDFW.COM) – Richland Police are searching for a robber who has hit two ATMs in just eight days. Police believe the same man is behind both crimes.
Police say the suspect most recently attacked a man at a Wells Fargo ATM last Thursday night. It happened about 9:25 p.m. in the 6900 block of Boulevard 26. Police say the suspect showed a handgun as he approached the victim’s car. The suspect hit the victim with the gun, but the victim managed to push him away and drive off with only minor injuries.
Eight days earlier, police believe the same suspect approached a victim at a walkup ATM. The victim was hit with the handgun and robbed at a Chase Bank ATM, located in the 7000 block of Boulevard 26. The robbery happened just a few blocks away from the second attempt, and around the same time of evening. In this case, the victim suffered more serious injuries.
Police say the suspect is a black male with a large build, weighing about 180-200 lbs. He is described as 5’10”-6’0” tall, and wore the same cold weather cap with attached fur ear covers in both incidents. The hat is red/black checkered or plaid print. The suspect also wore a red jacket or hoodie and has been seen driving a white/light colored sedan. A black or Hispanic woman was seen riding in the vehicle.
Surveillance cameras captured pictures of the suspect and his vehicle. Anyone with information on the attempted robbery and robbery is asked to call Richland Hills Police at 817-616-3780.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- “Home” Bests “Get Hard” At Box Office
- Tim Cook Blasts ‘Religious Objection’ Laws
- Projecting The Rangers Opening Day Roster
- Police: North Richland Hills Woman Posed As Attorney
- Divisive Repeal Of In-State Tuition Law Takes Center Stage
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures