WACO (AP) – Three people were arrested and more suspects are sought in a Central Texas scam involving items on Craigslist purchased with counterfeit cash.
Waco police on Wednesday announced the arrest of two men and a woman on charges of engaging in organized criminal activity.
Police received at least two dozen complaints in an investigation since last June. The victims offered items, mostly electronics, via Craigslist then met the buyers, handed over the goods, were paid and later learned the cash was counterfeit.
McLennan County jail records show 30-year-old Tony Glenn Fisher and 41-year-old Dennis Glenn Bridger are being held on $100,000 bonds. Bond was set at $25,000 for 27-year-old Samantha Williams-Karcher. Online jail records don’t list attorneys for the trio from the Waco area.
The suspects were arrested last Friday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man, Woman Found Shot To Death In Kennedale Home
- Hot, Muggy Weather Means More Fleas
- State Defends Early Release Of Child Killer
- DNC Data Breach A Sign Cyber Crime Is Here To Stay
- It’s Clinton And It’s History For America
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures