FORT WORTH (AP) – A different judge will consider a North Texas man’s request to remove his pregnant, brain-dead wife from life support at a hospital.
A hearing has been scheduled Friday before state District Judge R.H. Wallace in Fort Worth in the case of Marlise Munoz.
Erick and Marlise Munoz are paramedics. He sued John Peter Smith Hospital last week saying his wife previously said she should be kept off life support and medical records show she’s brain dead.
The woman was 14 weeks pregnant when her husband found her unconscious in their Haltom City home in late November. The condition of her fetus is unclear.
Hospital officials contend Texas law bars removal from life support because the woman is pregnant.
Wallace received the case after another judge rescued herself without explanation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Trooper Fired, Allegedly Propositioned Driver For Sex
- Trio Wanted For ATM Theft In Dallas
- Fantasy Pickups For Week 13
- DART Train Runs Over, Kills Person In Dallas
- Indicted Texas Attorney General Asks Judge To Toss Charges
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures