Neighbors Aim To Block Pantego School Stadium
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - A plan for a new school football field is not sitting well with some neighbors, who hope to block the Pantego Christian Academy’s proposed stadium on Wednesday. The school is in need of a new football facility, but those who live near the planned field are worried that the lights and the noise will be too close to their homes.
Pantego Christian Academy is a private school, and it has developed a plan that would replace its current practice field with an actual stadium. The new field would have 1,000 seats, a press box, a public address system and light poles.
But the field is located just across from a west Arlington neighborhood, and several of those residents who live in that community are not thrilled with the idea. They are determined to let members of the Arlington Planning and Zoning Committee know about the issue at a meeting, scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
A school official said that the plans are fine according to the proposed zoning area, and that the tall lights would actually limit the type of glare that is concerning neighbors.
Pantego Christian Academy athletes currently play home games at the University of Texas-Arlington’s Maverick Stadium. But officals said that the Arlington Independent School District is set to begin playing there soon, so the private school has been forced to look for a new home.
- Police Search For Suspect In Robbery
- White House Intruder Identified As Texas Army Veteran
- LB McClain Added To List Of Cowboys Inactives VS Rams
- Former Titans Kicker Rob Bironas Killed In Accident
- Cowboys Player Profile: Dez Bryant
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures