SWAT Standoff Ends At Grand Prairie Home
Get Breaking News First
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) - A SWAT standoff at a home in Grand Prairie, where a wanted felon was believed to be armed following a family disturbance overnight, ended around 10:45 a.m. on Wednesday.
Grand Prairie Police Chief Steve Dye tweeted that the suspect was in custody following a nearly eight-hour standoff.
The home was located in the 1800 block of Family Circle Drive, near Marshall Drive.
The man did not have any hostages, but did have a handgun and was threatening to hurt himself and anyone attempting to enter the home. Police attempted to make contact with the individual, but the suspect did not respond to any attempts.
The incident first started at around 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday night, when the suspect got into an argument with his girlfriend near Interstate-20 in south Grand Prairie. According to officers, the argument escalated to the man firing a gun into the air before fleeing the scene.
Officers were unable to locate the man, but were called to a family disturbance around 3:00 a.m. at the Family Circle Drive location.
“He arrived at his family’s house around 3 o’clock and wanted in,” said Mark Beseda with Grand Prairie Police. “They didn’t want him in. He finally got in and still had the gun. He got into an argument with the family members. He hit one of the family members with the gun. They called 911 and they got out of the house.”
Authorities have not released any information about the identity of the suspect or what charges he is facing.
This was the second police standoff in Grand Prairie this week.
- 5 Players In The NFL Who Will Have A Bounce Back Season Offensively
- Perry: NH Should Be Embarrassed By Shaheen
- Ventura Gets $1.8 Million In Defamation Case
- Manziel’s College Jersey Up For Auction
- Texas Bingo Operators Win Suit To Lobby Lawmakers
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures