DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — A four-year-old girl was shot early Thursday morning while sleeping during a home invasion robbery in West Dallas.
Police are searching for two suspects, both believed to be armed, who fled the scene.
“There is a search ongoing and I do not have information on whether or not they fled on foot or in a vehicle,” said Melinda Gutierrez with the Dallas Police Department.
A call came in just before 4:30 a.m. from the Ridgecrest Terrace Apartments in the 400 block of South Walton Walker near Keeneland Parkway.
“We did have two adults asleep in the living room and two in a bedroom,” said Gutierrez. “When they attempted to make entry, the adults in the apartment started an altercation with the suspects trying to fight them off from entering the apartment.”
The young victim was taken to Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. Her uncle, who was inside the apartment, says the child will be okay.
The suspects demanded and took $30.00 cash from the residents.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lighting Strikes Family Car, Another Bolt Hits Close To Woman’s Home
- Pig On The Run Captured In Downtown Dallas
- Dallas Mavericks Report Inappropriate Behavior, Domestic Violence By Former Employees
- Bedford Police Seek Suspect Who Stabbed Another Man
- Sen. Donald Huffines Blasts Dallas Leader’s Stance On NRA
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures