Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo Returns For 118th Year
FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – How many Dallas-Fort Worth sports have been around for over 100 years? Answer is: ONE! Shanna Weaver of the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo told KRLD’s JD Ryan “this is our 118th edition of the Stock Show & Rodeo”.
Every day through February 8th the rodeo comes to Will Rodgers Coliseum, but it’s so much more than just bulls. Shanna said “They will see a Grand Entry like no other in the state of Texas. We’ve got fireworks going off, bucking horses, a calf scramble, pretty girls on fast horses in the barrel racing and of course we save the best for last…the bull riding!”
As usual there are the midway rides and shopping, but how about for the little ones? Shanna said “If you have little kids, you need to go the Texas Bank petting zoo. It’s the place where kids can get in and hug and love on those animals.
It’s Fort Worth, it is fun and if you don’t watch out the kids might just learn something. “it is just some unique opportunities for the kids to understand what agriculture is and that your milk doesn’t come from the grocery store counter, somebody had to do the work to get it there.
The 118th edition of the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo runs through February 8th at the Will Rodgers Coliseum. Details and tickets are available at www.fwssr.com.
JD Ryan’s “Around Town” segments can be heard daily on News Radio 1080 KRLD-AM.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?
- Release Of Dallas County Jail Death Video Expected
- Burleson Cleaning Up After Wastewater Spill
- SMU Student Claims She Was Assaulted In Campus Dorm
- Pet Camera Records Richardson Burglary
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures