WACO (AP) — Odyssey Sims scored 20 points as No. 12 Baylor rolled over Kansas State 71-47 on Wednesday.
Baylor (15-3, 5-1 Big 12) shot 42 percent, made 6 of 14 beyond the arc and 15 of 24 from the line, though Sims was the only player in double figures. The Lady Bears won the rebounding battle 40-31.
Kansas State (8-10, 2-5) was led by Breanna Lewis’ 14, while Brianna Craig added 13. The Wildcats were hurt by 21 turnovers and 21 personal fouls.
Baylor scored the first 10 points of the game and never trailed. They led 13-11 and went on an astounding 39-2 run to close the half with a 52-13 lead. KSU went 1 for 12 during the run, with 11 misses from 3-point range.
Kansas State outscored Baylor 34-19 in the second half as coach Kim Mulkey played her bench for long stretches.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ahmed Mohamed Happy In Qatar
- Family Of Man Who Died In Arlington Jail Reacts To Video
- Bishop Lynch High Donates Nearly 7,000 Pounds Of Food To Catholic Charities Of Dallas
- Video: Police Follow Pig On The Loose In Texas Neighborhood
- Cleburne Police Officer Arrested For DWI
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures