PD: Garland Teen Wanted To Murder Someone
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – The Garland teen who confessed the murder of a 7-Eleven clerk, wanted to shoot someone, according to court documents obtained by CBS 11.
Wednesday night, police arrested 18-year-old Colten Moore after being tipped off by two people who knew the teen.
The tipsters told police Moore had talked for the past year and a half about wanting to shoot someone and make it look like a robbery. Moore also talked about stealing his dad’s rifle to commit murder and lock it back up before his dad woke up.
One of the tipsters said Moore had spoken about shooting a cop.
According to police, the two recognized the mask the suspect was wearing in the 7-Eleven surveillance video. They told police they had seen Moore wearing the mask several times.
Yosef Tulu, 31, was shot and killed around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning while working as a clerk at the 7-Eleven on Pleasant Valley and Firewheel. Moore lived about a half-mile from that store.
According to the arrest report, Tulu put cash and cigarettes into a bag before the suspect motioned for him to lay down on the floor. Detectives say the the suspect shot Tulu twice execution style, and then picked up one of the spent shell casings before exiting the store.
Late Thursday afternoon, Garland police said Moore was responsible for a second shooting that happened less than a week before the 7-Eleven murder. On January 16 just before midnight, a clerk working at the Homeboys gas station and store, located across the street from the 7-Eleven, was shot twice as he walked out to his car. The clerk said he did not see who shot him, but was able to get back inside the store and get help. He is expected to be OK.
Moore has admitted to the second shooting and will also be charged with aggravated assault. Moore has already been charged with capital murder and is being held on $1 million dollar bond.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Man Exposes Himself To High School Cheerleader
- Deputy Shot At Houston-Area Gas Station
- Extra Patrols After Man Exposes Himself Near High School
- Ex-South Texas Magistrate Gets Prison For Extortion
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures