NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Ryan Spangler scored all 13 of his points in the second half and grabbed a career-high 16 rebounds to help No. 25 Oklahoma hold off Texas Christian 77-69 on Wednesday night.
Buddy Hield had 16 points and Cameron Clark added 15 for the Sooners (15-4, 4-2 Big 12), who moved into a tie for second place in the Big 12 despite struggling against the last-place team in the league.
The Sooners struggled to score for much of the night but made up for it by playing one of their best defensive games. Oklahoma held TCU to 43 percent shooting and forced 16 turnovers.
Kyan Anderson scored 23 points and Amric Fields added 15 for TCU (9-9, 0-6), which lost its previous four conference games by an average of 22 points. Karviar Shepherd added 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Horned Frogs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Has Plan To Deal With Illegal Dumping
- AISD School To See More Security After Written Threat
- Lawyers Argue Charges Against Texas Attorney General Should Be Dropped
- Tarrant County Sheriff Defends Deputy Swept Away By Rushing Water
- Fellow Muslim Student Defends ‘Clock Kid’s’ Former High School
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures